The Swamidass Sez

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kirkwood and Compassion

Went to Kirkwood today. Of all the local resorts, it was the one that is only fully open because there has been so little snow.
Kirkwood is OK - Not great, just ok:
- Snow not bad, but the runs are mostly of straight and somewhat boring
- Some steep double black diamonds, but I'm not crazy

For the price ($62), I was expecting more. So far Squaw seems to be the best in California that I've seen - the number and length of their runs makes it a great workout and adventure.

On the way back home, we (Heidi and I) saw a homeless man asking for money near the parking lot exit. We didn't have any cash on us and proceeded to drive away. However, as we left, my conscience began convicting me. Thoughts of the good samaritan flashed in my mind. What if I was in his position? What else could I have done? How should we approach to Homeless or those in physical need? Here's what I decided:
1. I should say "yes" as my first response
2. If "yes" is not possible, find a reasonable alternative
3. My motive is compassion - not any ulteriour motive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home