The Swamidass Sez

Friday, January 27, 2006

"Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is favor."

We don't use the word 'mock' in our everyday language, so in the past, I have tried to picture someone 'mocking' sin. That is, until I read this article.

There are people who don't follow Christ, and then there are those who actively denegrate all that is Christian. The article is an example of the later. Mark's clear hatred of all that is traditionally Christian astounds me. It is incredible to see how almost every article he writes seeths with contempt towards Christians.

While he is usually spouting off his opinion, I give him credit for at least 2 things:
1) He often cites interesting facts that challenge my thinking. In fact, Mark's article on Gay Marriage with its references to polygamy in the Bible motivated me to investigate the subject for my own sake.
2) He uses an unbelieveable amount of adjectives to paint his word pictures. (sometimes these pictures are not very pretty though) If nothing else, I learn some new words when reading his stuff.

I continue reading his work from time to time to be challenged in my thinking, but I must say that it takes a strong stomach to read (and see through) such intense 'mocking' of many things I hold true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home