The Swamidass Sez

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Movie Views

Saw the The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with Heidi this afternoon. No complaints, but its been a while since I've read the book.

I don't often read stories that are made into movies, so this was a new experience. To use a computer analogy, it is like looking from a hires picture to lowres version of the same picture. Many of the details are abreviated and surprise is usually lost. So, it now seems better to see a movie first and then read its corresponding book. Moving from lowres to highres should be a better experience since it is an expansion of information as opposed to a compression.

A tiny 'bug' I noticed...Peter stuck his sword in the ice block and after they landed I could see them talking with the sword bobbing in the water behind them - Why didn't it wash away in the rushing river? Then, they start walking away and I'm thinking - "Hey, pick up your sword!" But in the next scene, he is seen putting the sword in its sheath. I guess he heard me...
But the guy in jeans and a sweatshirt seen in Gladiator is still the coolest Movie 'bug' I've seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home