The Swamidass Sez

Sunday, February 05, 2006

God and Doctors

This week I realized a couple things:
1. God has made the human body even more amazing than I thought before.
2. Doctors (Surgeons) work under incredible pressure and should be paid very, very well.

Afer seeing my wife split open on the operating table, it was hard to believe she would live to tell about it. She recovered faster than I did. That the body can undergo such trauma and survive, is witness to the great design of the human body.

At the same time, watching the doctors do their work gave me a much deeper appreciation for the skills they have. A Caesarian Section is a relatively common procedure - I can only imagine the complexity of brain, heart or transplant surgeries. A talented doctor is worth every penny they earn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home