The Swamidass Sez

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Test Drive

For some out of the ordinary fun, my brother-in-law and I decided to go test drive a few cars tonight. Sports cars are more fun to test drive, but 2 seaters were out since we would have 3 on board (us plus the salesman).
BMW makes the best sports sedans (so I've heard) so we started with the 330 (They had a 500hp, V10 M5 on the lot - the only demo model in all of California, but I didn't have the nerve to ask for a test drive). After the BMW ride, we crossed the street and took a Lexus IS 250 for a spin.

I could picture myself driving either one. The BMW handled slightly better than the Lexus - stiffer suspension and more intuitive steering.

The Lexus was a little more comfortable and had a wider array of cool technology - keyless entry and ignition, reverse video camera, bluetooth phone integration.

Both are admirable pieces of engineering, but $800/month plus insurance and maintenance is getting too close to my mortgage payment.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home