The Swamidass Sez

Friday, June 09, 2006

Preparation

At the moment, I am trying to improve my portuguese using a computer CD. There is no guarantee that knowing that language will help me right away, but I am trying to be prepared for what may come.

Education and training many times, if not most of the time, provides very delayed gratification. Most of the time when sitting in a class or reading a book, it is tempting to think, "I'll may never use this stuff." It may take months or years between learning something and having a chance to put it in practice, but when circumstances require the skill, it is too late to start preparing. I think this perspective is critical for instilling patience in both students and the teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home