The Swamidass Sez

Saturday, June 24, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

I have known people who could be described as "home bodies" or people who weren't thrilled by travelling and enjoyed simply being at or around home. I always thought there was something suspect about these people - kind of boring and unadventurous. "Don't you want to get out and explore something new?" I would wonder.

In this last year, I have travelled more than the rest of my years combined. But the more I'm gone, the more I appreciate home. Maybe there's something to staying at home...

* I have a beautiful wife and 5 month old daughter.
* Interacting with Friends and Family is much more fullfilling than doing business with coworkers and clients.
* I have spent thousands on my house - I'd kind of like to be there to enjoy it.
* Travelling is tiring.

The jet set life is often glamorized, and I'm sure there are some who really love it, but at the end of the day, its not all its cracked up to be. Perhaps absense makes the heart grow fonder, but whatever the reason, there really is no place like home.

2 Comments:

  • Vijay,

    Well said. Is the picture from Tilden Park? That is one of my favorite spots in the Bay Area and makes me long for home.

    -Jeff

    By Blogger Jeff Miller, At 6:36 AM  

  • Jeff,
    Basically - We were on the side of the Grizzly Peak Blvd, just before Tilden Park. It is a beautiful area.
    See you soon!

    Vijay

    By Blogger Vijay Swamidass, At 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home