The Swamidass Sez

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Other Side

Travelling to new places affords some unique experiences, and my most recent trip is an exceptional example. These are just a few highlights:

The Eurostar is a high speed (180mph) train that goes from London to Paris via an underchannel tunnel (chunnel). Nice way to travel unless the AC dies (which it did).
The picture is a bit blurry because I had to act quickly before the security guards took me away - cameras were supposedly not allowed, but everyone with their phone-cams and digitals were snapping pictures, and I didn't want to be left out. Unfortunately, I could not crack the Da Vinci code.

The eifel tower is actually much bigger than it looks on TV.
In Spain, they love their jamon, a.k.a ham. My collegue couldn't leave without it, so he bought 25 pounds of jamon iberico. (Those are pig legs)
Strawberries and cream with a free-range egg sandwich can mean only one thing...
...Wimbledon.
And it just happens that my good friend from college was in the area.

So, certainly I have been blessed with some special opportunities, but they are tempered by my thoughts in the last update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home