The Swamidass Sez

Monday, December 04, 2006

My Girls

The other day someone reminded me to take care of "my girls" and it struck me that I have 2 lovely girls in my life. I grew up with one brother, so it hasn't always been that way in my house.

In fact, getting married meant losing a bet. A cousin of mine, a friend of his, and I each bet that we would be the last one to get married. The last one to get married would get a limo ride and dinner paid for by the other two. Not ever having a girlfriend at that point, or even many female friends, I thought I would surely win. In the end I lost the bet, but I really gained so much.

So, I'm very thankful for my wife and my daughter. I am also blessed to have three wonderful sisters-in-law and many other "girl" friends now in my life. Its more than I ever imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home